Common Midlife Health Issues
As we start aging into our 40’s and through to our 60’s, it is common for our bodies to start slowing down or not to bounce back quite as quick as it once did. It is during this time of our lives that it is vital to ensure that our health is on track so that we might spend the coming next half of a century ageing gracefully.
However, there are quite a few things that I see slowing people down at this time of life:
- Autoimmune conditions, such as Hashimoto’s Disease, Type 1 Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, and Coeliac Disease
- Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia
- Perimenopause & Menopause and/or Fertility support for women
- Digestive Complaints including IBS, IBD, & Reflux
- Mental health conditions including depression & anxiety
- Metabolic Syndrome (including Type 2 Diabetes, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Syndrome, Hypertension, High Cholesterol)
- Weight Loss
I offer a variety of in clinic screening tests including blood pressure and pulse, blood oxygen levels, iridology, zinc tally testing, and nail and tongue diagnosis which all gives me clues as to your current health and what nutritional deficits may be causing problems for you currently.
However, there might be some additional testing required, identifying exactly what is going on for you. I most commonly request blood, saliva, or urine strips from QML, Research Nutrition, and Nutripath depending on the condition. Hair testing may also be used in finding your diagnosis.