Common Sunset Year Health Issues
While at any age I treat and see people for common conditions such as improving immunity and helping with weight loss, when we start ageing above 60 we tend to experience an increase in many health complaints. However, for the more health conscious, this is the time that I also see many people who are hoping to slow down progression or are looking to prevent the conditions that they may have a genetic predisposition for. These are some of the most common health complaints that I see in clinic in this age group:
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid)
- Memory Loss and/or increased Brain Fog
- Complaints arising from low levels of sex hormones in both men and women
- Prostate Complaints
- High Cholesterol levels
- Metabolic Syndrome (including Type 2 Diabetes, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Syndrome, Hypertension, & High Cholesterol)
- Mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder
- Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia
- Digestive Complaints including IBS, IBD, & Reflux
I offer a variety of in clinic screening tests including blood pressure and pulse, blood oxygen levels, iridology, zinc tally testing, and nail and tongue diagnosis which all gives me clues as to your current health and what nutritional deficits may be causing problems for you currently.
However there might be some additional testing required, identifying exactly what is going on for you. I most commonly request blood, saliva, or urine strips from QML, Research Nutrition, and Nutripath depending on the condition. Hair testing may also be used in finding your diagnosis.